Cosmetic breast surgeries are done to
1. To reduce the size of breasts – Reduction Mammoplasty
2. To increase the size of breasts – Augmentation Mammoplasty
3. To correct sagging of breasts – Mastopexy
Large breasts are an embarrassment and require surgery. Size can be reduced by
- Liposuction – Useful in young girls with firm breasts and no sagging and only fat is removed
- Reduction mammoplasty – Part of breast tissue is removed
1. How is liposuction of breasts done?
A: Through small incisions small metal canula (Tube) is passed into the breast and fat is removed.
2. Is anaesthesia required?
3. What will happen to the extra skin?
A: The extra skin will shrink and this procedure is done only in selected cases
4. Are scares visible?
A: Barely visible
This procedure is used to increase size of small breasts. It is done using one of these two techniques:
- Fat injection
- Silicone implants
This procedure is used to correct sagging of breasts. Sagging breasts are corrected by
- Mastopexy alone if the volume of breast is normal
- Augmentation and Mastopexy if the volume is less
- Reduction mammoplasty and Mastopexy if the volume is more